8. Has It Really Been A Year? (No, just 6 months...)



3rd April 2014

Yes, I know, I never write to you any more.  Well sorry, I kinda got out of the habit of blogging already.  So anyway, I thought I would write a little update, as lots of people keep asking me the same questions, so why not placate you all with a swift post in your faces.

You may have seen via the evil Facebook, I now have a job.  Yes yes, 'took you long enough' I hear you cry.  Truth be told I didn't look all that hard, I always had faith that IBM would come good on their promise and employ me.  It took them a year, but hey, I could use the time off.  The job itself is ok, an entry level admin type affair, but the company seems great and everyone I work with is really nice.  I get a decent salary and a few perks, such as monthly travel passes for about a tenth of the price of normal, so it's all good.

B is working, but not in the dream restaurant job we were hoping for.  There is still a chance it will happen, we are hoping so very much, so keep your fingers crossed for her!

The cats are fine, thanks for asking...maybe slightly porkier than they were a few months ago.  Maybe they are just carrying a little bit of leftover winter fur...


Dibby felvette a párna formáját

Against all expectations I have kept up with the running (shocking) and I am taking part in the Budapest Spring Half Marathon on the 13th April.  I hope and aim to beat my time from last year, just under 2 hours (not a natural athlete shall we say) so if I achieve that I will be happy.  Watch this space for future running updates.

How's my Hungarian coming along?  Well...honestly I have to admit I have been incredibly lazy with it.  Before I started work we got into a little routine of practicing a bit before bed, maybe 4 or 5 times a week, but since employment it has completely stopped.  I am a bit spoiled by the fact all our friends and all my colleagues speak English.  I will consider taking some classes once the dough comes rolling in (hurry up payday).

We've had a few little adventures since I last posted, such as a trip to Austria, which was just amazing.  Such beautiful scenery, the mountains, the snow.  And the schnitzel..mustn't forget the schnitzel.  We've also recently had a little excursion to the Tisza, which is the 'other' river in Hungary.


A Tiszánál

Well, that's pretty much the update.  We have settled into life here, and to me, it just feels normal.  Perhaps this is why I have not felt the need to blog for a while.  We had a great Christmas, I managed to get home for a few days to see the family and our friends, and we will both be back for a week in June, which we are greatly looking forward to.  Winter was not so cold as we were expecting, only having a couple of days of snow, and now Spring has well and truly sprung and we are enjoying some warm days, lighter evenings and soon, hopefully, enjoying a fröccs on the balcony with friends.


<3



We hope you are all well, and as always I encourage anyone who feels like doing so to leave comments below.  I can't promise I will keep blogging regularly, cos I am rubbish, but I will try to update a little more often than bi-yearly in future.  Jó estét kívánok!



No comments:

Post a Comment